Located only 30 minutes south of Grand Rapids, and 30 minutes north of Kalamazoo, SON-Life Camp & Retreat Center's campground ministry exists to provide church groups and families with the opportunity to:
~ Rest from a busy lifestyle
~ Relax in the beauty of God's nature
~ Reflect upon Jesus Christ and His Word
~ Renew relationships with family and friends
SON-Life Camp & Retreat Center is a non-profit inter-denominational camp. No church or family using SON-Life Camp is influenced to comply with a particular set of doctrines or creeds, but we do insist that all families and groups at SON-Life Camp promote the gospel of Jesus Christ as established in God's Word for the enhancement of His Kingdom. We are confident that through your cooperation, this purpose will be accomplished and SON-Life Camp will be utilized effectively to serve Jesus Christ our Lord!
Beach The waterfront area is located a short walk from the campground facilities and is shared with retreat groups. The beach and waterfront equipment — rowboats, canoes, kayaks, paddleboats, and paddleboards — are available on a first-come, first-served basis at no charge.
Open Field for activities
*These options require SON-Life Camp staff members to facilitate the activity, therefore, must be scheduled at least two weeks prior to arrival. $5 per person/hour of activity (minimum charge of 12 people).
**Use of the ball diamond and/or equipment needs to be coordinated with SON-Life Camp staff.
Hiking and Mountain Biking at Yankee Springs Recreational Area
Daisy Park Campground Map.
All camp facilities are located within walking distance on our 40-acre property.
Also see driving directions.
A full set of guidelines will be sent to you with your registration confirmation or you will find them in the welcome packet at your camp site. Here are a few that address common questions:
- Quiet Hours: 11:00 p.m. - 7:30 a.m.
- Pets: Please keep all pets on a leash less than 6' long at all times
- Prohibited Substances: Alcoholic beverages and illegal drugs are prohibited on camp property. No smoking is allowed in any building. No guns or target shooting is permitted.
- Boats: Our boats are available for free on a first-come-first-served basis. You may carry in your own boat. ONLY electric trolling motors are allowed.
- Church Groups: Reservations may be made up to one year in advance. Cancellations with more than 90 days notice will receive a full refund minus a $10 administration fee. No refunds can be given with less than 90 days notice.
- Families: Reservations may be made six months in advance. Cancellations with 10 days or more notice will be given a full refund minus a $10 administration fee. No refund can be given with less than 10 days notice.
- Waterfront: The waterfront is open until dusk. There is no lifeguard on duty. A $125.00 fee will be issued to any person(s) responsible for the flipping of any swim rafts.